About Weather and Clothing
- Q:How does the weather change by season?
- A:Compared to Japan's main island of Honshu, the Shiretoko area is cool and has less rainfall. The Shiretoko Peninsula consists of high mountain chains extending into the ocean, creating unique, localized climates.
About Staying at KIKI SHIRETOKO NATURAL RESORT
- Q:When are check in and check out times?
- A:Generally, check in is 15:00 and check out is 10:00. Some accommodation plans offer different times, so please refer to the details of each plan. If your arrival will be later than 17:00, kindly notify us in advance or on the day. If you arrive before check in time, we are happy to help store your luggage at the front desk.
- Q:Can I use credit cards?
- A:Yes, we accept Visa, JCB, MasterCard, Amex, UFJ Nicos, UnionPay, and other major cards. We also accept debit cards. Please enquire regarding other types of cards.
However, card payment is not available for certain products and services. Thank you for your consideration and understanding.
- Q:Is parking available?
- A:We have free parking spaces for 120 vehicles. When you arrive by car, our staff will show you where to park.
- Q:Are there cancellation charges?
- A:Depending on the timing of the cancellation, penalties may apply.
About the Hot Spring Bath (Onsen)
- Q:What are the bath hall hours?
- A:The bath hall is not open all day long, but is available from 15:00 to 9:30 the following morning.
- Q:Can day visitors use the baths?
- A:Yes, from 14:00 to 20:00. The prices are ¥1,000 per adult or ¥500 per child (consumption tax not included.)
Rental bath towels and face towels are also available(¥108).
However, day visitor bath access is subject to closure or change of hours without prior notification.
For details, please contact the hotel.
About Amenities and Facilities
- Q:Do you have non-smoking rooms?
- A:From April 1st 2016, all rooms are non-smoking. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We ask guests who wish to smoke to please use the designated indoor smoking areas located in the 1st floor.
- Q:Do the rooms have baths and toilets?
- A:All guest rooms have a private bath (unit bath) and toilet (with washing function).
- Q:Do you have internet access?
- A:All guest rooms have wi-fi internet access. Access is also available in the 1st floor lobby.
- Q:When does dinner time begin?
- A:Dinner service normally opens at 18:00. Last seating is 20:00, and we close at 21:00. However, changes to these times may occur during events or due to other circumstances.
- What about food allergies, restrictions, and preferences?
- A:For Japanese Course Dinner
If you have any allergies or food preferences, we will do our best to arrange alternate dishes. Please let us know in advance. In some cases we are not able to prepare alternate dishes for same day requests.
- A:For Japanese & Western Buffet Dinner
We will provide a list of the dinner buffet menu items and their ingredients. Please refer to this information to decide if each dish is suitable for your dietary needs.
- A:Buffet Breakfast
Like the buffet dinner, we will provide a list of the breakfast buffet menu items and their ingredients.
About Sightseeing & Transportation
- Q:Where is the nearest airport?
- A:The nearest airport is "Memanbetsu Airport" located in the town of Ozora. It is about two hours by car. "Nakashibetsu Airport" located in the town of Nakashibetsu is also about the same distance. Transport options such as train and bus are more convenient from "Memanbetsu Airport".
- Q:Do you have shuttles to and from JR Shiretoko Shari Station?
- A:We are sorry, but we do not normally offer shuttle services to Shari Station. From JR Shiretoko Shari Station, please take the "Shari Bus" route bus to "Utoro Onsen Bus Terminal". It is about twenty minutes on foot to our hotel. Please telephone once you arrive at the bus terminal, and we will send a car to meet you.